How To Make Dog Treats:
Minimum Effort And Still Leave People Amazed
If you want to learn how to make dog treats with only three ingredients plus water, read on.
'My dog, Lady waiting for her treat'
If you’ve ever read the packaging on a bag of grocery store brand dog treats, you may wonder at the long list of ingredients. Sure, you can understand the nutrients, but shouldn’t your dog be getting them from their wet and dry dog food anyway? You want to feed your dog healthy foods, not junk foods. Well, it turns out that dogs love peanut butter as much as humans do!
How To Make Dog Treats - Easy and Simple!
You can bake these dog treats, then store them in a plastic container to share with your dog:
Easy Dog Treats Ingredients List
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1-2 Tablespoons Water
Method To Make Simple Dog Treats
- Measure out all the ingredients into a bowl. Use a spoon to blend, or a mixer to combine them together. Pour in a small amount of water, as you need your mixture soft enough to roll out as dough, but not so powdery that it’s going to fall apart.
- Once the dough is soft enough, pick it up in small bunches and roll into balls. You’ll discover that the warmth from your hands makes them malleable.
- Add more water if you need it, but not so much that the dough is going to be too soft. If you do make them too soft, simply add a bit more flour in.
- Once you have formed the smaller balls of dough, you can now break them into small pieces.
- Sprinkle some flour onto your clean counter. (pre-clean with vinegar and wipe dry with a clean cloth.) Place your dough onto the counter and press down with the palms of your hands until it’s flattened. Grab your pastry roller and roll it out to a thickness of not more than 1/4 inch.
- Use a butter knife and cut out bone shapes. You may also use cookie cutters of different shapes or sizes.
Baking Time For Yummy Dog Treats
- Carefully place the uncooked dog treat shapes onto cookie sheets. It may help to use a small pie server to help scoop up the treat and place it on the pan. Whether you decided to make round dog treats or special shapes, they should be spaced out about two inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 325°F. Check the treats after 12 minutes, as everyone’s ovens are different.
- Making treats is as tricky as making cookies. They may not look like they’re done yet, but when you remove them from the oven they will harden. You can take a metal spatula and carefully flip over one of the treats. If it’s browned on the bottom, it means they’re done. Stay by the oven and carefully watch the dog treats cook. If you begin to smell a burning smell, remove them immediately from the oven.
- Let your dog treats cool down. Now you’ve learned how to make dog treats with minimum effort that will leave both dogs and people amazed!
You Might Want To Try Making These:
You will find a variety of homemade dog treats on my website. Like us dog owners, not all dogs have the same taste buds. All my recipes can be adapted to suit your dog. You can swap out any fruits, vegetables or meats that are in my recipes for the ones that your dog enjoys the most - ensuring they get a tasty treat that there going to love. Now you've got an idea on how to make dog treats. Please feel free to check out the rest of my website. To get you started I've selected a few of my most popular pages:
- Home >
- Homemade Dog Treats >
- Making Dog Treats