Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
We have a peanut butter dog treat recipe that's right for your dog.
Have you ever tried giving your dog peanut butter? If you haven't, you may be surprised just how much your dog may like it. You can purchase peanut butter dog treats from your local pet store, but it is much more rewarding and fun to make them yourself. You don't need to be an experienced baker to make these easy dog treat recipes.
And by just a few little tweaks, you can make peanut butter insanely delicious for your pooch.
Peanut Butter & Flax Oats Dog Treats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 white flour, unbleached
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Whisk the following ingredients into a large bowl - water, oil, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour and oats.
- Take one third of the dough and place it onto a floured surface. Gently knead it.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2-3/4 inch thickness. Using desired cookie cutters, cut out the shapes.
- Place the treats onto a sheet of parchment paper, and bake in oven for 40 minutes. Leave in the oven for an additional 20 minutes after turning off the oven.
Gourmet Peanut Butter Lollipops
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons carob chips (optional)
- Bully sticks
- Lollipop molds
- Combine all the ingredients together in a safe microwave bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, until the ingredients are warm. Stir after every 30 seconds.
- Spray desired lollipop molds with olive oil. Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the molds, fill each mold 3/4 full.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes, then place the bully sticks into the middle of the molds - place in the refrigerator overnight.
Peanut Butter Cake Frosting
(This recipe makes enough frosting for 24 mini cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 8oz light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, unsweetened and smooth
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Using a food processor, start mixing together the cream cheese and plain yogurt.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup (optional) and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the tapioca flour a little at a time, until you get the desired thickness for your frosting.
For more homemade dog treat recipes, visit our sitemap.
From our sitemap you will find a variety of homemade recipes from:
- Home >
- Homemade Dog Treats >
- Peanut Butter Recipes